Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SilkSpeak, Day One

Today I got pulled, kicking and screaming, into the twenty-first century.  I started a blog.  I'm a blogger.  I will be blogging.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm not one who is ever at a loss for words.  I'm not the timid sort, and thus not easily intimidated.  I seldom have trouble getting a point across.  I talk, I write, I love words, and would generally consider myself well-equipped to put thoughts to paper.  I've done it a million times, and I've done it well.  You might say I'd be the perfect candidate for blogging.

Until today.

Until this blank box labeled "post" appeared on my screen, and every interesting idea, every clever turn of phrase, every pearl of wisdom I ever thought about memorializing in print just quietly tiptoed out of my brain while I wasn't looking.

Where to start?  I'm known online as "Silk", short for Silkworm.  My blog is named "SilkSpeak".  I'm almost certain that any who venture in will naturally see this as a clue that I had planned to be speaking.  Somehow, I just know this.

But what to say?  Should I speak up or speak out?  Speak from experience, or off the cuff?  Or should I just plain speak my mind?  I'm not sure yet, maybe all of the above.  I know me, so I'm confident I won't be tongue-tied for long.

Have I piqued your interest?  I hope you'll stay tuned.  It'll be worth it, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment